Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flat-Out Love


TITLE: Flat-Out Love
AUTHOR: Jessica Parks
PUBLISHER: Jessica Parks
RELEASE DATE: April 11, 2011
PRINT PAGES: 402

SUMMARY (from Goodreads):

MY REVIEW:
I would give this book 5 Stars! I really fell in love with this book. First off, the character development is great. Starting with Julie, she is the type of girl every girl wants to be. Someone who is fairly independent, not turned off by quirky people and has a helpful spirit. Julie really drives this story. As she dives deeper into her relationship with the Watkins family we, as readers, dive right along with her. Matt is like the knight in shining armor. He really is one of those characters you love so much. You will begin to think about him as a real person because you just wish that more people in the world were like him. His relationship with Julie is so carefree and his relationship with his sister Celeste is so sweet. Celeste is bizarre in an endearing way that you can't help but like her too. Ms. Parks did an exceptional job of pulling you into this slightly off household. 


The secret of the Watkins family is the crux of the story. It is hinted at in many scenes but it isn't a distracting element even though it is not explained until the end. I felt like the mystery part helped move the story along but didn't bother me at all that it wasn't revealed until much later. If you figure it out early OR if you have no clue until it is clearly spelled out within the pages of the book you will be entertained throughout. This book has romance, mystery, heartbreak and hope all in one! 


I read this book in two days because I could not put it down. I loved that I felt completely vulnerable along with the characters. When Julie was confused as to why the family handled Celeste's quirks the way they did, I was confused. When Matt became irritated and angry, I was irritated and angry. When Celeste was scared and anxious, I was scared and anxious. I cannot remember the last time I connected so emotionally with a book. I recommend this book to anyone. I think that everyone can identify to one of the characters or situations presented. I think I learned to be a more tolerant and understanding person after reading this book, even though it is a work of fiction. I just have to say, it was a great, great read. I am confident I will read it again.  




Leslie  

No comments:

Post a Comment